Drop off, pick up & parking
The San has automated paid parking onsite, allowing us to provide more secure car park spaces for patient, visitors, doctors and staff. The car park most commonly used by patients and visitors is the multi-deck car park (P1), which is accessed via the main entrance at the traffic lights on Fox Valley Road (Entry 1).
A 'quick' patient pick up / drop off zone is located adjacent to the multi-deck car park (P1) and allows access to the main hospital on Level 2. The pick up / drop off zone offers 20 minutes of free parking as well as an entrance to the multi-deck car park (fees applicable) should you need to stay longer.
If you need more time to pick up or drop off the patient, we recommend you park your car in the hospital multi-deck car park (P1). Once parked, you can access the hospital directly from Level 2 and Level 4. Level 4 gives the most direct access to all hospital buildings – Clark Tower, Clifford Tower and Kress. Follow the directional signs once you enter the hospital. Please see main reception on Level 4 if you require assistance.
Multi-entry day passes, and weekly passes, can be purchased from any pay station. Enter your ticket into the pay station and select Long-term Parking, then follow the instructions. These tickets cannot be purchased within 15 minutes of entering the car park.
We recommend you do not leave your ticket in your car. Pay stations are located near hospital entry points for cash and credit card payments, and you can also pay by card at the exit boom gates.
Multi-deck (P1), San Clinic (P2) and Emergency car parks (Entry 1)
- P1 – General Public: Enter the Hospital via the main entrance at the traffic lights on Fox Valley Road (Entry 1 - White Road). Continue past the Emergency and San Clinic car parks on the left, through to the P1 multi-deck car park and pick up / drop off area. Take a ticket at the boom gates.
- P2 – San Clinic patients: Enter the Hospital via the main entrance at the traffic lights on Fox Valley Road (Entry 1 - White Road). Continue past Emergency and enter the P2 car park via the boom gate to the left. Take a ticket at the boom gate.
- Emergency – restricted short-term parking is available outside Emergency Care when bringing a patient to hospital. Enter the Hospital via the main entrance at the traffic lights on Fox Valley Road (Entry 1 - White Road) and turn left immediately. Take a ticket at the boom gate.
- If you are attending one of the San outpatient services or seeing a doctor in consulting suites within San Clinic, San Clinic Tulloch, or the San Integrated Cancer Centre, make sure to take your ticket and present it to staff for validation in order to be entitled to a discounted fee.
- Pay for parking at one of the pay stations before returning to your car. Pay stations take credit card, coins and notes and will dispense change. Refer to our site map for pay station locations.
- Payment can also be made by credit card at an exit boom gate.
- To exit the car park, insert your ticket into the slot at an exit boom gate station. If paid, the boom gate will rise. If paying by credit card here, follow the instructions on the machine.
Fox Valley Medical &
Dental Centre and
other car parks (Entry 2)
- Car parking is available at the rear of the hospital via Entry 2 – Ludowici Way if you are attending Fox Valley Medical & Dental Centre, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Children’s Sleep Disorders Unit, Cancer Support Services, Jacaranda Lodge, or the Beattie Complex. You will need to take a ticket on entry.
- A Pay station is located at the entrance to Kress Building near P5.
- To exit, insert your ticket into the slot at the exit gate. You can also pay by credit card at the gate if you have not already paid at a pay station.
Parkway San Clinic (Opposite Sydney Adventist Hospital)
Parkway San Clinic is located opposite Sydney Adventist Hospital at 172 Fox Valley Road – on the corner of Fox Valley Road and The Comenarra Parkway and includes paid parking facilities.
There are entry and exit lanes on both Fox Valley Road and The Comenarra Parkway. Please note that entry and exit is left in and left out only on both roads.