Pharmacy & Retail Shop
The Pharmacy provides a comprehensive range of clinical and community retail services for patients and visitors to Sydney Adventist Hospital. Our professional and courteous staff are able to assist with any of your needs.
Ways in which we may be help you include:
- Offering a full clinical and dispensing service for inpatients, doctors and community members including Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS), Concessional, Repatriation Doctor’s Bag, and private prescriptions
- Saving you money with competitive prices on non-government/PBS prescriptions and the option of Australian-made generic medications
- Issuing you and / or family members with a Safety Net Entitlement Card when you reach the annual Safety Net limit, giving you access to reduced prescription co-payments or free medications for the remainder of the year
- Keeping a computerised prescription record of all medications dispensed for you while you are an inpatient, allowing us to check for possible side-effects and drug interactions amongst your medications
- Issuing Consumer Medicines Information sheet for your medications when available
- Offering diabetes products at a subsidised price for registered diabetics, as we are a Diabetes Australia agency
- Safe disposal of any unused or expired medications returned to the SAH Pharmacy
- Being an accredited Quality Care pharmacy and always endeavouring to offer our patients the highest standard of pharmaceutical care
- Offering a selection of gifts, cards, chocolates, toiletries, cosmetics, soft toys and a baby range within our retail pharmacy.
The Retail Pharmacy is open Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm. We are closed on weekends.
The Pharmacy is located on Level 4 of the Clifford Tower, with the Hospital Dispensary at the rear.
For further information the Pharmacy staff can be contacted on by phoning:
General Enquiries – 02 9480 9283
Pharmacy Manager – 02 9480 9272
After Hours Enquiries – 02 9480 9111
Our inpatient dispensary is fully recognised by the Department of Health, the Health Insurance Commission and Medicare Australia, and is responsible for the supply of all medications necessary to meet the needs of San patients. Our team are committed to ensuring that all patients are fully informed about their medications. We provide clinical pharmacy services including:
- Patient Interviews
- Pharmaceutical Review
- Documentation of Patient Medication History
- Adverse Drug Reaction (ADR) Management
- Therapeutic Drug Monitoring (TDM)
- Drug Interaction Monitoring
- Patient Discharge Medication Counselling
An on-call pharmacist is always available to attend to inpatient prescriptions at any time.
PATIENT’S OWN MEDICATION
Patients are encouraged to bring their own medication and prescriptions, together with documentation from their GP, when coming to hospital. This will assist in ensuring that an appropriate medication regimen is maintained during their stay. We also encourage patients to bring in pharmaceutical concession information and any Safety Net Record, so that medications dispensed during their stay can be added. Compliance packaging (such as Webster packs) cannot be used in the Hospital.
Retail shop & community services
We offer a full community pharmacy service. Our pharmacists can dispense prescriptions and answer any questions relating to medications for members of the community. We have a selection of products to support ongoing treatment following discharge from Hospital including dressings and wound care products, as well as a limited selection of gifts, cards, chocolates, toiletries, cosmetics, soft toys and a baby range for new Mum's, including baby clothing.
Our staff will happily assist with any special requests should we not have your requirement at the time of your visit.
Major credit cards, cash and EFTPOS are accepted for purchases.